Tuesday 5 February 2013

What is the price of your daily routine?

I read this really interesting article on the daily mail website which showed how much 3 women spent on their beauty regime, and thought i would have a go myself.

If you are interested- the original article can be found *here*

So lets start with my hair

I have micro ring extensions. They cost £180 pound every 3 months from a stylist nearby (the cheapest in the area!!!) but i have been doing my own after buying them on eBay, for £30 a go.

I use Aussie Shampoo- currently miracle moist due to my extensions (£4.49). I usually follow this with the conditioner (£4.49) and most washes also with their 3 minute miracle - deep conditioner. I usually use the reconstructor one, as my hair gets very damaged! (£4.99)

Following this i usually use a few pumps of Pantene Split End Serum for Normal-Thick hair. (£4.69)

I also use a heat defence spray before straightening or curling, usually TRESemmé Protect Heat Defence Styling Spray. (£4.69)
I used to dye my hair but it has been lasting well, although it may need doing soon as it is going quite ginger! I usually use Live dye for bright colours at about £5 a go or Loreal/ Nice and easy for a natural colour at about £7.
(Lets say £6)

In the bath i tend to use lush products, prefering to wash with SWEETIE PIE shower gelly- £3.10 per 100g

Or if i need a good scrub i use Buffy a scrubbing block also from lush £5.95 for 90g

After the bath i use either my cocoa butter form savers at 99p, or my more expensive CHOCOMANIA BODY BUTTER from the body shop, at £13.00

I also put on Nivea Q10 plus anti wrinkle, pore refining day cream, a small tub but it lasts ages- £10

Perfume wise i used to use Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy but it is rather pricey so i switched to Britney Spears Fantasy at £20 a bottle  (if you shop around!)


Then its onto makeup....
I usually use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation (£7.69) or Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation (£7.99) or sometimes both, as the coverage isnt always what i need. Then i use either Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick (£19.00) or benefit dandelion pink perk-me-up face powder (£23.50).

For any spots i use benefit boi-ing industrial-strength concealer (£16.50) and under my eyes i use Ooh la lift eye brightener (£16.50)

On my eyes i usually use any old pencil eyeliner, i think my current one is Maybelline Eye Studio Master Khol Liner Ultra Black (£4.49)
Mascara wise i am using Rimmel Extra Super lash Mascara Black/Black 101 (£4.99)

Finally i use benefit high beam luminescent complexion enhancer (£18.00) and usually some form of lipgloss such as Barry M Lip Gloss Wands (£4.99)

So to round up i spend £59.35 on my hair
£53.04 on bath and body
and a whopping £123.65 on makeup 
So thats £236.04 in total

I should say here that often i look for deals so i would not usually spend THIS much! however it is still a shocking thought, i mean do we really need all this? Has anyone else tried totting up how much they spend on beauty?

Kayla xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message