Saturday 23 February 2013

Lola Rose

Before i start my posts on London Fashion Week, i want to start my introducing a jewellery brand who had an exhibition at Somerset House- Lola Rose



The brand was set up by Nicola Gewirtz’s for her 30th birthday and 10 years later is still doing fantastically.
She is completely self taught- she started thinking about jewellery design after being bought a bracelet, and being shocked at how much it had cost. She thought to herself " I could make this" and from this the brand was born. She started off selling to friends and soon through word of mouth everyone wanted a piece of the action. 

What i love about the brand is that the pieces are really universal, i would wear them, my mother would wear them and a lot of the products i think even my grandmother would have worn.

“I see girls of 18 in the rings and bracelets and the smartest 75-year-olds in our statement necklaces,” says Gewirtz.

The brand is really fresh and modern, and utilises all kinds of colours of metal, which i love. Also the pieces are timeless. I have seen products that were on sale in 2000, which still look as modern as the newest range. And because they use semi-prescious tones, each one is completely natural and therefore has individual markings, making every product slightly unique.

I have been on contact with the company and can honestly say the staff there are also really friendly:)

These are my favourite products from their website, i really recommend you check it out.

http://lolarose.co.uk


Tahoe Ring £45.00


Matching necklace- Vale Pendant Necklace £85.00

Matching bangle-Fausta Cuff Bracelet- £65.00

Rowan Pendant Necklace- £50.00
Etta Earrings- £45.00

Raine Bracelet- £79.00



I am so inspired by this company, i myself design jewellery in my spare time, and find out about the start of this company has really motivated me to keep going with it, who knows- maybe in 10-20 years i will have my own brand. If i am half as successful as Lola Rose i would be happy.


Kayla xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message