Wednesday 31 July 2013

Review: Gelish Manicure

A friend of mine is trained in a beauty treatments, so i decided to try something new before a week away, and booked in with her to have a spray tan and Gelish manicure. i was heading to a festival, and i cannot bear to have chipped nails, so i figured getting this type of manicure would ensure that i have chip free nails for my time away.

So what is a Gelish manicure? Well many of you have probably heard of Shellac, known as being a two week manicure. this polish is put on by a professional (although i believe they now make a home kit) and is supposed to last 2 weeks chip free- obviously ideal for holidays. Gelish is a similar thing, a gel based nail varnish cured under a UV lamp, but from reading reviews Gelish is supposed to last a little longer, with most people saying that it has lasted them 3 weeks.

Gelish manicures also slightly strengthen your nails- BONUS!



Now i wasn't hoping for a miracle, with a week camping i was just hoping that my manicure would last me till the end of my festival. But i have to say i was blown away with the results of the manicure.

I opted for a bright orangey pink, and had a shimmery top coat put on top. This is what my nails looked like afterwards- the polish is dry after a few minutes under the UV lamp, so no sitting around waiting, and no chance of smudging! 






I loved the fact that my nails looked so glossy afterwards, the Gelish gives a high shine effect.


This is what my nails looked like after 4 weeks. I was totally amazed.






During the 4 weeks, i spent a week at a festival, 2 weeks at work as a receptionist (which KILLS my nails) and a week and a bit of working in London at an internship. I wasn't particularly careful with my nails, i treated them as usual, not even using gloves to wash up or anything so i was stunned that they lasted so long.

I paid £14 for my manicure, so it was well worth it, i have previously paid double that for a regular polish manicure!

i highly recommend Gelish, and will definitely be going back to have it done again!

*Update*

After the success of my Gelish manicure, i booked both me and my mum in for a Gelish as a birthday surprise (as well as matching spray tans)

These are our nails, i chose a bubblegum blue with the shimmer topcoat while my mum chose a raspberry colour with glitter.


Has anyone else tried Gelish? What did you think?

Kayla xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message